On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 13:35 +0800, maomaode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've filed the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-162
> Testcase patch  attached, also paste the stacktrace
>

> Some other questions,
>
> In the NIO client sample,
>
>             ioReactor.connect(
>                 new InetSocketAddress(url.getHost(), 80),
>                 null,
>                 new HttpHost(url.getHost()),
>                 null);
>
> What's the HttpHost used for? we have InetSocketAddress, isn't it enough?

It represents a virtual host. Consider the following: you want to send a
request to www.google.cn or www.google.ru, but you need to connect to
the physical host www.google.com

> The HttpHost actually can not pass in the path/port/query information
> into the handler,
> So I think we can just pass in URL instead of HttpHost, right?

You can pass any object as an attachment to the connection. The same
object will passed to the  HttpRequestExecutionHandler#initalizeContext
upon after the connection has been established.

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/httpcore-nio/xref/org/apache/http/nio/protocol/HttpRequestExecutionHandler.html#66

> And another question is, is it possible to use the IP addresss in the
> InetSocketAddress?

Yes, it is.

> The reason is that I want to cache the IP-Host mapping, so there's no
> DNS resolve time in the crawler.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Hope this helps