On Tue, 2016-06-21 at 08:28 -0400, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Oleg, If I set a TTL, do I also need an IdleConnectionMonitorThread (
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html#d5e652
> )? thanks, benson.

TTL setting only ensures connections cannot get re-used beyond their TTL
but they can still be kept alive in the pool until the pool manager
discards them either while trying to find a valid connection or while
evicting expired ones. One might still need IdleConnectionMonitorThread
to ensure eviction of expired connections when the connection manager
becomes idle after a period of heavy activity.

Oleg