Hi,

I'm working on porting our project from 4.5.x to 5.2.x.  This is the classic client. We have an HttpRequestInterceptor that does basically this:

    public void process(final HttpRequest request, ... ) {
         if (HttpVersion.HTTP_1_1.equals(request.getVersion())) {
          // add a header
        }
    }

In 4.5.x the getVersion() always returned a value. In 5.2 it's returning null and so the interceptor doesn't work properly.

Is this a bug, or the expected result due to an intentional change in 5.x?

If intentional, then are we expected to populate the expected or intended HTTP version on the request before calling the client execute(...) method?  And setting that to say 1.0 vs 1.1 actually causes that protocol version to be used? I see that the Javadocs for HttpMessage (where setVersion(...)) is located say:

"For outgoing messages it represents a hint what protocol version should be used to transmit the message."

But just trying to clarify who or what is responsible for setting or defaulting in this request property.

Thanks,
Brent