On 2/3/23 4:37 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

This is intentional. It is the responsibility of the caller to populate
that attribute. If the caller does not set the preferred protocol
version of outgoing messages it remains null.

Ok, thanks for confirming.

Please note one should use HttpContext#getProtocolVersion to find out
the exact protocol version negotiated for the current message exchange.

Thanks even more for this hint.  I think our code should probably use this rather than the request field because we want to evaluate against the protocol that was actual negotiated.  So just to confirm, the context getProtocolVersion will always be populated by the time an HttpRequestInterceptor runs? Presumably because the connection is always set up and protocol negotiated before the actual request machinery runs?

This has been super helpful. Thanks again.

--Brent