On Thu, 2023-02-16 at 19:21 +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  Here are some examples {ClassicReverseProxyExample.html,
> ProxyTunnelDemo.html}
>  Has anyone attempted to extend HC anywhere near a full blown HTTP
> proxy like squid.
>  Could you share with me any documentation you would deem valuable in
> that sense?
>  lbrtchx

I am not aware of any better or more advanced proxy implementation
based on HttpCore. There is however a more suited for real-world use
example based on the non-blocking (async) i/o model that might be a
much better starting point. It can also potentially support HTTP/2 for
incoming or outgoing messages, or both.

https://github.com/ok2c/httpcomponents-core/blob/master/httpcore5/src/test/java/org/apache/hc/core5/http/examples/AsyncReverseProxyExample.java

Hope this helps