Having the message ID on each line would seem to me a lot of unnecessary visual clutter and non-informational bytes to record. Are there any cases where the mechanisms for recording syslog data don't result in all lines from a MLWTO being continguous?

But,...
having had to deal with some automation tools that make it awkward to identify all lines of a multi-line message as a unit, what would be extremely useful would be a guarantee that at a minimum the last line of a MLWTO with variable number of lines would always be unique in some way that makes it unambiguous that the last line is indeed the last line. So far I haven't had a case I cared about where this wasn't true, but I always feared this was more a matter of luck than intentional design.
  Joel C Ewing