On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 13:50:44 +0200, R.S. wrote:

>Remark: while shortage of space is possible in PDSE, then shortage of
>directory blocks is not possible.

What happens if an inquisitive programmer mischievously adds an
unbounded number of empty  members to a small PDSE?  Or adds
numerous aliases to a nearly full PDSE?

>BTW: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PDSE on LNKLST *may have*
>secondary extents and it is NOT bad practise like in case of PDS.

Where does the DEB accounting for added secondary extents reside?
What happens when a program reads a member with pages in an
extent not reported in an outdated DEB?

-- gil