Life forms themselves are not causing the climate change, as plants
consume and plants and animals release CO2 in overall balance.  It is
the one way burning of long stored carbon fuels releasing CO2 into the
atmosphere that is causing the problems.  Much like volcanoes have
changed climate in the past.  Such as the 1816 Year without a Summer,
where summertime freezes killed some crops.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 10:19 AM Bob Bridges <robhbrid...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a quibble, but I'd say not that humans are causing it but that humans
> are influencing it.  We may be the most influential species on the planet,
> but not the only one, and biological life on earth is not the only cause of
> climate change.
>
> I pause here to wonder:  Are we really the most influential species on the
> planet?  We're repeatedly told that the insects outnumber us bazillions to
> one and even outmass us considerably.  We don't count insects' influence on
> the climate, not because we think they have none but because they're part of
> nature; their influence is "built in", so to speak, but ours isn't; their
> influence is natural.  That's true, but only because "natural" is defined as
> "what happens when we don't change it"; we define nature and ourselves in two
> entirely different categories.  Hm, I'll have to think more on this.
>
> ---
> Bob Bridges, robhbrid...@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313
>
> /* Hello.  If you're calling with bad news, leave your message now.  If it's
> good news, wait for the tone.  -voicemail greeting */

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA