Are you that naive? Ever been to Share? The current makeup of mainframe systems
programmers is 65% white, 15% Asian, 9% Hispanic & 5% African American.
Factoring in most of the heavy posters are over 50, the demographics are even
more white since almost all systems programmers who got into IT in the 50’s
through the 70’s were almost exclusively white. Guess what? I can also tell
which people are Jewish, Asian, Hispanic, Scandinavian, Irish, and most other
ethnicities. That’s not nearly as easy but it’s not as difficult as you’d
think. I’d bet Oujeski isn’t a black guy. My Father in Law’s name was Majewski.

Almost all IT workers back then were men too. Ever notice the absence of female
posters here?

A simple check from the bureau of labor statistics from the 50's, 60's, and
70's is quite the fantasy buster I need.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone