From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Bob
Bridges <00000587168ababf-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2024 2:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: REXX vs other languages -- EXECIO intuitiveness

Wait, what?  Are you saying TSO-REXX has LINEIN, CHAROUT and so on?

...Although I do think EXECIO is nicely flexible.  Still, I find myself looking
up the syntax occasionally when doing something unusual.

---

/* [Hitler] has grasped the falsity of the hedonistic attitude to life. Nearly
all western thought since the last war, certainly all ‘progressive’ thought,
has assumed tacitly that human beings desire nothing beyond ease, security and
avoidance of pain. In such a view of life there is no room, for instance, for
patriotism and the military virtues....Hitler, because in his own joyless mind
he feels it with exceptional strength, knows that human beings ~don’t~ want
only comfort, safety, short working-hours, hygiene, birth-control and, in
general, common sense; they also, at least intermittently, want struggle and
self-sacrifice, not to mention drums, flags and loyalty-parades. However they
may be as economic theories, Fascism and Nazism are psychologically far sounder
than any hedonistic conception of life.  -George Orwell, reviewing _Mein Kampf_
in 1940. */