On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 22:54:15 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>>Wait, what?  Are you saying TSO-REXXhaas LINEIN, CHAROUT and so on?

>Only in a EUnix environment. I don't know if syscalls is enough or if you
>actually have t be running under the shell.

Syscalls does not setup a full z/OS Unix environment and in environments like
TSO would only cause dubbing.

I've never tried it but a shell should not be required to automatically
integrate REXX & UNIX as long as you start REXX using z/OS Unix facilities in a
Unix address space. Technically, shells are not required by Unix but I doubt
that it has been tested much for obscure requirements.