From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Travis
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2016 12:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Catalogs in a SYSPLEX

We are creating a SYSPLEX of two systems and there seems to be some debate
about using a single shared master catalog or multiple master catalogs on each
system. The IBM manuals recommend a single shared master catalog but our CE has
been advocating multiple catalogs. What are the pros and cons of running each?
We have two identical systems in the PLEX and for right now there is no plan to
add more, however that could change at any time in the near future.