Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
I have to admit that locating MCAT on sysres avoids one step that we need to
take. We run seven 'sysplexes' (some monoplex) that do not share any resources
including MCAT. When we install a new release, there are often new sysres data
sets that need to be cataloged on any plex by the time the new release gets
migrated there. We have a Rexx that ferrets out any new data sets in the SMP/E
'master catalog' and creates a batch job with DEF NVSAM commands. That job gets
sent to all sysplexes as soon as SMP/E install is complete. New catalog entries
cause no problem. Old catalog entries that really ought to be deleted don't
cause problems either except for OCD types.

Of course, it introduces other steps, such as IMPORTing the usercats for each plex, and either freezing or keeping current and master-catalogs-to-be in sync.

<snip>
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie