Whoa!  I wondered about that!! Lock Icon was gone and it’s not a “switch”
indication “options” icon.

You know, a good bit of the time is a programmer getting excited with a new UI
API and switches to it!!  Imo, there was no need for that change,  Everything
in the options was 100% about security and privacy related.  So what if the
laymen didn’t know what it was. The default is set for unsecured
communications. Focus on that, the secured defaults. The 10-20% experts that
did know this intuitively with the lock icon was did not have an issue.
Sometimes the first inclination is the best.  Go with your GUTS.  Always works
in the long term.

All the best,
Hector Santos