Hi,
  Are you saying that Linux can't connect at all, or that windows is
getting a better connection?

  What happens when one system is connected at a time? (Windows and
Linux). Is ubuntu still able to connect when windows is offline?
  Try doing a ping check from both systems (one at a time and then
both together). See if there is any packet loss or extra delay in any
case.
  If the case is that only one system can connect at a time the
'Network Address Translation' settings may be wrong.

Regards,
Gokul Das