Hi David,

Good to hear that IMail 8.05 is working fine.  Some answers below
augmenting, John T's quick and spot-on responses!

(1) Handles dictionary attacks ... ie block an IP if email fails xx
number of times within yy seconds ???
==IPSWITCH> A Dictionary Attack feature is coming in the IMail 2006 Web
Admin in approximately one month.  You can set the # of invalid
recipients/errors in a single session which, when triggered, puts the IP
address on a "blocked" list for y time (settable by Web Admin).

In IMail 8.2, a similar feature works as follows via a registration
manipulation (hack;-).

. SMTPD can now block connections after max invalid recipients reached.
. SMTPD will close a connection after the maximum number of invalid
recipients have been reached. This is not turned on by default. To enable
this behavior create or edit the following registry key:
Key: MaxInvalidRCPTsPerSession
Type: DWORD
Default: 0
Location:
HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SMTPD32\Parameters

(2) Alternate port besides primary port 25?
==IPSWITCH> In IMail 2006, setting the alternate port will be included in
the Web Administration interface.  In IMail 8.2, this is available and
documented in the release notes here, as a reg setting.
http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/IM-20050427-DM01.htm

. Support for additional listen port in SMTPD The following keys will be
added by the server and can be modified as desired by the administrator.
ExtraPort: DWORD, default 587
EnableExtraPort: DWORD, default 0 (both keys are in
CurrentControlSet\Services\SMTPD32\Parameters)
. Added registry setting to force auth on second port in SMTPD:
under ../services/SMTPD32/Parameters
Value Name: ForceAuthOnExtraPort
Value Type: DWORD
Default Value: 1