Hi,

First, thanks to all fo you for the helpful tips and tricks.

The CPU load decreased a lot. #1 issue was the large rules.ima per domain
which uses more CPU power for parsing the rules. I think the files size
should be below 100K.

Running MessageSniffer as a service and in persistent mode is also
important. I applied this also on some customers servers. It saves about
3-5% CPU Power.

Using internal DNS is also important and gives a bit more overall
performance.

After decreasing the default value from "skip list" (SMTP) from 500 to 50,
the system released another 1-2% CPU Power. It looks like, that reading this
data needs more Power compared with a DNS lookup. This is strange Voodoo.

I also spend some time to over the DNSBL which i'm using. Surprise, surprise
it needed some housekeeping.

DNSBL1=spamhaus,10,sbl.spamhaus.org
DNSBL2=dsbl,10,list.dsbl.org
DNSBL3=njabl-dnsbl,10,dnsbl.njabl.org

Spamhaus works together with dsbl.org and njabl.org. Using
"xbl-sbl.spamhaus.org" together with the other two will cause redunant
lookups and will also gives double counts. So, change it to sbl.spamhaus.org
and use also dsbl.org and njabl.org.

Also possible to use is pbl.spamhaus.org. This a "policy block list". First
i have to learn, what this list is all about. At first sight, it has to many
"caution" in the description....

DNSBL4=abuseeat,10,cbl.abuseat.org
DNSBL5=spamcop,10,bl.spamcop.net
DNSBL6=ahbl-dnsbl,10,dnsbl.ahbl.org
DNSBL7=ahbl-rhsbl,10,rhsbl.ahbl.org
DNSBL8=fiveten,10,blackholes.five-ten-sg.com
DNSBL9=sorbs-http,10,http.dnsbl.sorbs.net
DNSBL10=sorbs-socks,10,socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net
DNSBL11=sorbs-smtp,10,smtp.dnsbl.sorbs.net
DNSBL12=sorbs-web,10,web.dnsbl.sorbs.net
DNSBL13=sorbs-spam,10,spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net
DNSBL14=korea,10,korea.services.net
DNSBL15=swinog,10,dnsrbl.swinog.ch
DNSBL16=manitu,10,ix.dnsbl.manitu.net
DNSBL17=uceprotect1,10,dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net

These are the other DNSBL i'm using. It is important to check the several
DNSBL from time to time if they are still alive.
DNSBL15 to DNSBL17 are swiss and german blacklists. I don't know, if it
makes sense to use them in the USA.
dnsrbl.swinog.ch is quite good and the guys are updating the data all the
time.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-------
Merlin Consulting | Martin Schaible
Bahnhofstrasse 27 | CH-8702 Zollikon | Switzerland
Tel.: +41 44 391 30 00 | Fax: +41 44 391 32 49
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.merlinconsulting.ch
Support: support.merlinconsulting.ch
GPS: N47 20.235 E8 34.226
-------

News - Unsere Produkte:
.:. Ipswitch Premium Partner
.:. mxGuard/InvURIBL/MessageSniffer Antispam Lösung für IMail
.:. Brainware Columbus Software Management
.:. NOD32 Antivirus System
.:. NewAtlanta BlueDragon
.:. Kiwi Syslog Monitor
.:. Paessler Network Monitoring