>However, I'd like to make it such that people can just go to mail.domain.com
>instead of http://domain.com:8383
>
>  thought it should be an easy matter of setting up the DNS record

you need that at least to get people to the

webmail.domain.com

... ip address.

Once there, by default the browser will try the well-know port 80 for
HTTP service.  To have Imail listen on that port, change imail web
messge to port 80 from 8383.

>then the IIS record

IIS? that's not in the picture at for the Imail system, which has its
own "IIS" just for Imail Web messaging.

>to point mail and its IP to c:\imail\web, however, when I go to
>start this 'website' it won't go says it already exists (it doesn't).

You don't use or need any HTTP server except that provided with the
Imail web messaging feature.

>I have about 100 domains on there, and have tried setting this up for quite
>a few of them, none are working.

you had the wrong idea, leading to the wrong actions. Now you've got
the right idea, the correct actions will follow.

>Any ideas as to how I do this? I looked in the KB, and didn't see anything
>there.

The Imail6 .pdf user guide is also an excellent resource, Control-F
will Open Sez Me.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5  installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways