> So my other question is why our MX record worked for most incoming
> mail?  That is, we did get 80% of our mail.

That's because host names (mail.myserver.com) and IP addresses (192.168.1.10) are
often handled the same way.  There's a function used by Internet programs that turns a
host name into an IP address, but it sometimes can accept IP addresses (which would
just return the IP address you gave it).  So, depending on the implementation of the
mail server, the mail may or may not go through when the MX record points to an IP
address.

--
                      -Scott

Declude: Anti-virus and Anti-spam solutions for IMail.  http://www.declude.com