Hi,
There is one problem and I hope someone on the list can either find a workaround or send me the DLL that is required for the 8.11installer. <startVent>
Make sure you have IE 5.5 + installed. The new installer they are using requires it. This is a real problem for me as I am running nt4 with sp4. I don't what to install sp6a and then install IE6. I have no need, the server is running fine. What a poor decision at ipswitch to use an installer that requires some DLL's that IE 5.5 installs, and on a DOT release. I don't want IE on this machine and it is just crazy for ipswitch to require it for 8.11. I have installed all the versions from the first beta to 8.05 with no problems at all. Now they through this at us. Jees, all I wanted to do was upgrade from 8.05 to 8.11. It's only a DOT release, not a full release. Ipswitch, pleae give us a workaround for this..... I will upgrade my system when you come out with ver 9, but for a DOT release I would expect the installer to not require IE be installed.. How silly...
<endVent>
Best Regards,
Joe Hansen

John Carter wrote:

I plan to install 8.1 and the patches through 8.11 in the next few days.
I have looked through Imail KB and archives for issues to watch for.
Was wondering if there was any other advice from the forum.

Have one domain, use POP3 and web mail.
Don't use IMAP, LDAP, or web calendar.

- Know that new templates need to be installed.
- Isn't there an issue of max mail default being changed to 10MB or was
that only Killer Webmail?
- Will need to review rules for \, [, etc. for negative effects.

Any thing else to watch for would be appreciated.

John