> <startVent>
>    Make sure you have IE 5.5 + installed. The new installer they are
> using requires it.  This is a real problem for me as I am running nt4
> with sp4.  I don't what to install sp6a and then install IE6.  I have no
> need,  the server is running fine.  What a  poor decision at ipswitch to
> use an installer that requires some DLL's that IE 5.5 installs, and on a
> DOT release.  I don't want IE on this machine and it is just crazy for
> ipswitch to require it for 8.11.  I have installed all the versions
> from the first beta to 8.05 with no problems at all.  Now they through
> this at us.  Jees, all I wanted to do was upgrade from 8.05 to 8.11.
> It's only a DOT release, not a full release.  Ipswitch, pleae give us a
> workaround for this.....  I will upgrade my system when you come out
> with ver 9, but for a DOT release I would expect the installer to not
> require IE be installed..  How silly...
> <endVent>

So let me get this straight. You expect to be able to load and install a
product produced in May of 2004 on a operating system that is still in 1998,
correct? (I think '98 is when SP4 came out for NT 4.0.)

I think some one needs to rethink their IT statagy.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You