Thank you Scott.  I will check it out next time it occurs.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 1:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [IMail Forum] Loop back problem

>I have a user that is experiencing what some call a loop back issue.  The
>user receives email with out a problem and then one day he gets the same
>email over and over again.  Anywhere between 20 to 100's of the same email
>delivered at the same time of day.

The first thing to do is check the headers of several of the repeated
E-mails.  The Received: headers will typically help pinpoint where the mail
loop is occurring.  For example, if you see "Received: from Machine1..."
followed by "Received: from Machine2..." and then "Received: from
Machine1...", the loop is occurring between Machine1 and Machine2.

If that doesn't get anywhere, and/or you are convinced that the issue is at
the IMail server, you can check the IMail SMTP log files to see how many
times the E-mail was received, and how many times it was delivered/sent.

                                                    -Scott
---
Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers
since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

---
(http://www.declude.com)]