> >>  Then you email clients should be using SMTP auth! If they are already
> using SMTP auth then there is not problem with turning on relay for
> addresses. If you do not have relay for address or no mail relay set then
> you are prpbabpy an open relay.  <<
>
> That's the problem.  I do use SMTP auth.  This is in addition to either No
> Mail Relay or Relay Mail for Addresses.  So, all forms on the web pages
fail
> because they do not have SMTP auth.  The fact that they are local makes no
> difference.

You just do not get it do you?

Please separate the two issues.

1. Your e-mail clients must use SMTP Authentication. By doing so, they are
proving who they are to the server and are then allowed to send e-mail
through it. Relay settings do not matter, as SMTP Authentication takes
precedence.

2. Your web server process is unable to do SMTP Authentication, and
therefore you must configure Relay for Addresses for THAT WEB SERVER! You
must enter the IP ADDRESS OF THAT WEB SERVER in the relay for addresses box.

Now, quit mixing up the two and read what we have been telling you.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You