[snipping off a lot of text]

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Sumantro Mukherjee <sumuk...@redhat.com> wrote:

>  Finally , the release party went well. To all the people who helped ,
> volunteered and participated in Fedora Release Party 25 BLR.
> I would like to thank to Christ University for the Venue and Vipul and
> Prakash for putting up the effort. Sumantro gave a talk in New Features of
> Fedora 25.

Thanks for the short update and I'd suggest that the event report be
posted on this list (and other relevant places) as a new thread rather
than a continuation.

> We had some awesome speakers like Devyani Kota who spoke on Fedora Hubs and
> how to contribute.
> Vipul gave a talk on Version Control System -Github and how students can
> start contributing to different upstream projects.

I would suggest that we build out a small talk kit around Pagure. It
would be nice to introduce potential contributors to Pagure and other
related infrastructure in Fedora which are being built up keeping user
experience paramount.

> There were about 50+ people attended the event.
> P.S. : The cake was yummy and cutting the cake has never been better!
>
> Event Report and Pics will be posted shortly.

In an earlier note around this event you indicated that release party
date constraints required you to go ahead while the issues around
budget for the event were in-flight. It was certainly astonishing that
you proposed to fund it through your own efforts, however, we have to
do better and not let this become the norm. Please familiarize
yourself with the procedural bits of seeking out and receiving funds
from the APAC budget and for this particular instance - if indeed you
had to fall back to your own means, please get in touch with me and
we'll work something out.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>