On 12/20/2012 12:21 PM, Brandon Williams wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A new version of this draft has been submitted that attempts to lay out
> a more clear argument for the use of both TCP and IP options, with
> references to other efforts in the same arena.
>
> Comments are welcome.

(note, I've cross-posted to INTAREA and TCPM, since similar
announcements went to each list)

Hi Brandon, *many* thanks for writing this; it does help me (at least)
to understand what you're doing with this option.

As I now understand it, instead of a tunneling approach that would
normally be applied for building overlay networks, this approach
pushes and pops IP addresses from the protocol options fields.

Can you discuss why normal tunneling protocols aren't used to build
the overlay?

Since those are easily and widely available, I wonder why they aren't
used and why something more elaborate, fragile, and not as compatible
with the Internet architecture is really needed or felt to be a good
idea?  I understand that it basically *works* ... but just am not
seeing how it makes sense?

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems