As per my understanding, you want jQuery to read a folder on your
server and extract all the images there, right? If so, I don't think
it's possible. jQuery is client-side scripting platform (JavaScript)
and it runs on your browser not your server.
Yes, you may integrate it with serer-side script (written in ASP.Net,
JSP, PHP ... etc.) to do what you want.