On 22 September 2011 10:04, Robert Klotzner <robert.klotz...@gmx.at> wrote:
> As I am thinking about creating a platform for exactly this purpose, you made
> me curious. Could you point me to the thread where this was discussed or maybe
> some could highlight the basic reasons why this idea was shot down?

Have a google around for old threads, but the objections are usually
along the lines of that:

1. It might de-motivate the developers that code for free.
2. What to do if someone commits a bad fix that another developer then
has to go in and fix.  Who then gets the money?
3. It might create a situation where someone writes a feature for
money but won't maintain it.  Do we want more unmaintained half-broken
features?
4. What to do when a bug fix requires changes done by lots of people,
who gets the actual money?  Will it cause resentment to those who
helped but didn't get the money?

This has been tried before.  An ubuntu brainstorm on it:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/item/1295/

Read the comments there and duplicates for more info and a list of
existing websites:

http://www.cofundos.org/
http://bountycounty.org/
http://www.opensourcexperts.com/bountylist.html