On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:08, Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeis...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. September 2011, 10:01:47 schrieb Lydia Pintscher:
>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 19:11, John Tapsell <johnf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Reindl,
>> >
>> >  Sorry to see you go.  I don't know why Aseigo is being childish - I
>> > think this is all just taking its toll on him.  This is one of the
>> > advantages that companies have and we don't have - we can't pay people
>> > to fix the essential things that are boring to do.
>>
>> John you are not helping here at all. We need to stick together in
>> situations like this. Had we done that we'd not be where we are with
>> this right now.
>
> Please do not take this too far! It's generally bad to just shut people up
> since it can lead to group think and hides real issues. Sticking together is
> good and I think I know that your intent is positive but it looks like you
> want to repress valid criticism as well. In the latter case "sticking
> together" is bad - really bad because it mediates that not everybody is
> treated with the same set of rules within KDE's community.
>
> Problems have to be spoken out, in a constructive and adult way. Same thing
> regarding unacceptable behaviour and a wrong style of communication. If
> sticking together means that one must not do that anymore you are doing a
> disservice to the KDE project and its openness.

Ok let me clarify that then. John calling Aaron childish was not
helpful and not valid criticism especially not in this situation. I
explained the details of it again on IRC. I am all for discussing
problems but there are ways to do that without at the same time
hurting your team mates.

Cheers
Lydia

--