I've built KiCad on macOS with ngspice built from the "ngspice-34" git
tag, but there is one problem:

KiCad is looking for <ngspice-root>/include/ngspice/config.h, but
ngspice installs it in <ngspice-root>/include/config.h:

./include
./include/config.h
./include/ngspice
./include/ngspice/sharedspice.h

So after copying/linking config.h into include/ngspice/ KiCad finds it
and builds as expected.
I can only assume that it's an error in ngspice build system to put
config.h directly in the include directory! Quite high chance that it
would collide with some other package.

Perhaps easier to just wait for ngspice-35 instead of working around it here?

Cheers

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:51 AM Holger Vogt <holger.v...@uni-due.de> wrote:

> sharedspice.h (the only header to be distributed with ngspice) does
> contain something like
>
> #ifndef NGSPICE_PACKAGE_VERSION
> #define NGSPICE_PACKAGE_VERSION "34+"
> #endif
>
> in the ngspice git master branch, and available later in ngspice-35.

/Jonatan
http://kymatica.com