Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:

Thank you for reporting this issue. I will fix it later.

> libqemu.a(kvm-tpr-opt.o): In function `enable_vapic':
> /house/cmarenas/kvm-58/qemu/kvm-tpr-opt.c:221: undefined reference to
> `kvm_enable_vapic'
>
> Xiantao, are there any plans to merge into qemu all changes required
> to get host/guest support for ia64?, if for nothing else that could
> help with problems due to qemu merges.

Yes, we indeed have plan to push the changes to upstream  for qemu/ia64
support. But you know, the current change mostly works on kvm
infrastructure, so we more time to identify them out, and to see which
changes can benefits qemu, and to decide the final push.  Qemu/ia64
support should be support from the long run. :-)

> Avi, how would you like patches to fix build issues in ia64 to be
> handled?, should be expected that kvm releases build for ia64? is
> there any system that could be used as part of a compile farm /
> testing for ia64?
>
> if nothing is available hp's testdrive have some itanium systems that
> could be used at least to validate the userspace part builds (as I
> did) :
Good choice!  But seems still be complex to maintainer. I will find the
method to setup cross-compile, and hope it will help Avi to validate
them.
Xiantao