Avi Kivity wrote:

>>> I prefer a cross compiler, but if that turns out to difficult to set
>>> up, this can be a good substitute.
>>>

>> I will try to setup the environment and send the BKM to you  if it
>> is easy to go. :)
>>

> What is a BKM?
Oh sorry for misunderstanding , it is the abbreviation of Best Known
Method. Here I mean a tutorial to setup this environment.
> I tried setting up a crosstool environment, but I couldn't get
> binutils (2.18 and 2.18.50.0.3) to build (FC6 and F8, both x86_64).

Frankly speaking, I have no experience on it.  But seems this page can
help us :
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/IA64wiki/CrossCompilation

> Maybe someone has a VM image with working cross-compiler support?

If that, sound good to solve this problem. :)