Hi Don,

Sounds like we're at least on the right track then ;)

I think there will be a lot of problems if the current selected item is not the
one that's being
edited - while I can understand what you were intending with new elements being
attached as children
of the currently selected box, it's not normally how people expect things
behave in a UI (although
I'm not a HCI person myself).

Maybe it would be worth while differentiating where a new item is created based
on modifier keys -
e.g. Click or Ins will create a sibling node for the current selected node,
while Ctrl-Click or
Ctrl-Ins would create child node off the current selected node, and so on (or
even vice-versa).

I wouldn't actually be a huge fan of using the Ins key, Ctrl or Alt keystrokes
are easier for people
to use since it's less movement from the standard hand positions - Del is an
exception since it's
not something you want people to hit by accident...

Just some thoughts.

Thanks,

Darren.