Hi Don,

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:08:35 +0000
Don Scorgie wrote:

> If this were to be proposed for GNOME inclusion (a goal?), the following

I think this should be our goal, but our main goal should be a good cooperation
with other applications. I think of drag and drop, ...

> is a non-inclusive list of things to think about:
> 1. Move to GNOME SVN.  This is easy, just takes a little effort and a
> few requests to the right people.

Is it possible that the gnome svn mirrors this one? So that we have only one
check in point.

> 2. Accessibility.  Labyrinth sucks at a11y.  I mean, really sucks.
> There is none.  In order to be part of GNOME, there'd have to be some
> form of a11y.  Whether this is making thoughts visible, or a special
> view, I don't know.  More on this later.
> 3. Theming.  We currently don't follow the gtk theme for anything.  The
> problem is that theming in gtk sucks (from experience).  This would
> require some thinking about.
> 4. User manual.  Should be relatively straight forward do do a simple
> user manual.
> 5. Better navigation using the keyboard.  Right now, you can move around
> with the arrow keys.  Extend this to allow adding of new thoughts etc.
> 6. UI review / HIG compliance (or at least, valid reasons we're not
> following the HIG in some areas)

Good points.

> 7. An applet, like the wonderful tomboy.

What is with extending the existing tray.

On this site http://code.google.com/p/labyrinth/wiki/Ideas
we can collect our ideas. Anyone is welcome to add ideas.

> * Exporting.  For images, exporting of extended buffers is never going
> to happen.  However, for pdf / ps / printing, it'd be nice to have an
> option to include the extended buffers somehow.  I'm not sure of the
> mechanism for doing this.  Maybe have each thought with an extended
> buffer assigned a small number, which is put in the top right, followed
> by the extended thought below, with the relevant number.  This doesn't
> sound clear at all.  I'll do a mock up at some point.

How about a speech bubble that can be opened and closed. So you can decide
for every thought what extended info should be exported.

I have added your ideas to the wiki.

Bye,
martin.