On 22 апр, 01:20, Matthias Vogelgesang
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > First of all I want to know which version would you suggest me to work
> > with
> The trunk is the version which finally becomes version 0.5.0 in like
> five months. Therefore you should definately concentrate on it. I don't
> know how you want to port, but it sounds like you want to take a
> snapshot and then fork. This of course may not be the best idea if we
> add more and more features.
>
> In the best case you would constantly update against svn HEAD. In the
> next best case you would develop inside the repository. In another good
> case you would "git branch" the tree and pull changes frequently. So
> whatever you prefer, tell us.

I would prefer to use 0.5. I'm not sure I will have too much work with
merging
maemo-specific patches. Some of them can be included into main branch.
For example,
python libs have slightly another names in maemo distribution and ./
configure fails.
I can be done like flag --with-maemo like in another applications I've
seen ported.

Also there is another file .desktop to be added - it's UI menu icon to
launch application.

As for application itself, it's some kind of style changes. For
example Nokia N800 does not
keyboard(N810 has) and there is only key mappings like Zoom In/Out are
F5/F7, Fullscreen is F7.
It can be included either in patches or in main Labyrinth branch.

This is the screenshot of Maemo desktop just for you guys to be aware
of what it looks like:
http://turist.dyndns.org:8081/pub/labyrinth-0.5dev-demo.png
One note, the resolution is 800x480.

According to "Hildonization" rules upper system menu should be moved
to application menu
which is "Arrow Down" icon near the "Porting issues" window title. I
hope it can be moved into
separate .glade file.

I'd like to include some of the patches into main branch if you don't
mind. It would be like:
"
if key = 'F6':
  if maemo:
    "do maemo-specific action"
  else:
    "do default action"
"

Will it bloat the code too much? What do you think?