Thank you Janice for describing yet another management idea! I did finish my
sample swatch & posted it to Flickr Photostream. Sadly, my enthusiasm for
using my bolster for this project is waning so I think my next step will be to
test this pattern on a roller pillow to see if that helps. Frankly, it’s too
big a project & it won’t be any fun if I’m struggling with threads &
equipment. I did work “groups” of bobbins & set up a line of divider pins
along the edge, an arrangement that sounds similar to your pearl lineup. It
worked, but was very slow going. Maybe I’m expecting too much? Maybe I
can’t successfully manage more than 5 pairs (Idrija narrow tape)? A roller
pillow comparison test should help me find out whether this is a three month
or a three year project! In the meantime, I’m sorry about all the knots.
Between my mistakes & trying to use up odds & ends of perle 5, stuff happened.
I made the swatch as a mat so it might be useable for something. Sincerely,
Susan, South Florida