Dear developers,

I have a question for the ordering of unknowns.

For a multicomponent system, such as Navier-Stokes equations, I found that
the ordering of unknowns in the system depends on the order of polynomials
used for the variables. Take a two-component system with variables u and p
for example:
   -If using first order for both variables, the ordering is point by
point, that is u_1, p_1, u_2, p_2, ...., u_n, p_n.
   -If using second order for u and first order for p, the ordering is
field by field, i.e., all the unknowns of u are ordered first then followed
by all the unknowns of p.

For the second case, is there any way to change to a point by point
ordering? Though in such case there is no unknown of p on the mid-edge
point.

Regards,
Li

this email.