Hi,

Is there a particular reason that you are trying to use libmesh 1.6.2? It's
about two years old at this point, and there have been many updates and
improvements (including a stable release) since that time, so you will
probably have the most success if you use a more up-to-date version.

The log you attached is the output of configure to the terminal, so it
doesn't really give much information other than:
<<< Could not find a viable PETSc Makefile to determine PETSC_CC_INCLUDES,
etc. >>>

You might be able to get more detailed info about the failure to find PETSc
by looking at the config.log file generated by configure.

--
John