Hi,

I was wondering why lift markup uses XML elements to reference
snippets, rather than using namespaced attributes in the way that (I
think) Wicket and Tapestry do?  Or like Plone's TAL, which is the
first place I saw such a thing.

The reason I ask is this: I'm sure I've read somewhere that David P
has used these frameworks before (the Java ones, at least)... so it
seems most unlikely that such a design was never considered.  Perhaps
it was just an arbitrary choice?  Or was there something more to it
than that?

I hope this question doesn't sound like criticism - I'm just curious. :o)

Martin