On Aug 28, 11:20 pm, Timothy Perrett <timo...@getintheloop.eu> wrote:
> Hey Marius
>
> Firstly I agree with your thoughts on LiftTagPF - im not sure that
> overriding the default lift tags would ever be a good idea for
> implementing users...

Well I was referring to overwriting (as those would take precedence
over builtin snippets) ... not much of an overriding.

> However, I do see a use case, in, for instance
> the CMS arena where having a specialized tagging mechanism would be
> beneficial because you simply wouldn't want to use the default lift
> namespace so that users could just do:
>
> <lift:comet type="Whatever" />
>
> All over their template code - you'd want to restrict what users could
> actually do whilst still keeping the templates designer friendly.

Such restrictions could be very tricky to achieve if the CMS template
is processed by Lift engine. Perhaps for specialized CMS templates a
dedicated templating definition and engine is more appropriate in
order to strictly process given tags that define the CMS templating
language?

> This is one use case, and in my particular circumstances, I want to
> provide a degree of functionality that is succinctly separate from the
> lift functionality and I don't want the twain to meet (as it were) but
> its important for my purposes at least that the templates still play
> well with tools such as Dreamweaver (just as the lift tags do)
>
> What are your thoughts?

Related to my notes above if you define a set of tags for your CMS
template and you run that against Lift's templating engine how do you
prevent lift specific "tags" to be executed?