On 2024-04-26 7:44 am, Eric Benson wrote:
I see. How hard would it be to write a Scheme function that would copy a melody variable and remove the text marks, or in fact everything other than the note values, which are all I want in the NoteNames variable? That would
be preferable to entering a separate sequence containing only the text
marks in my application.

\tagging your \textMarks would let you apply them only where you intend:

%%%%
\version "2.24.3"

textMark = \tag textMark \textMark \etc
withTextMarks = \keepWithTag textMark \etc
withoutTextMarks = \removeWithTag textMark \etc

melody = { b'4 4 \textMark "Hey!" 2 }

<< \withTextMarks \melody \\ \withoutTextMarks \melody >>
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill