On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 6:38 AM Werner LEMBERG <w...@gnu.org> wrote:

> > [...] the snippet is _very_ useful, and certainly much easier to use
> > than the lsr snippet.
>
> Please submit the example as a new LSR snippet.

I submitted it (see: https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1188 ) but the
second box is not correctly displayed (I tested it with LP 2.24.1 and it's
ok).
Should it be deleted?
Note also that it partially overlaps with
https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1000 : it solves the non-automatic size
issue, but it doesn't provide colors and background.

> Note that we already have a (slightly different) issue for that:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/833

I added a link to the previous message

> Are you willing to work on that?  It would need extensive tests (for
> example, to add other grobs like trill spanners to the box),
> documentation, and one or more regression tests.

Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with Scheme/Guile so to modify it with
the color/background feature in a reasonably short time.
And I don't even know if this modification is trivial or not...