It’s also worth noting that the town of Holden isn’t being sued by the
state. It’s a third party- the central Massachusetts housing alliance, a
Holden property owner and a low income homeless mother who claims their
noncompliance is reducing her chance of finding a home (I don’t think she
read the 10% rule, either…)

The lawsuit itself and the response from Holden are worth reading, and IMO
it’s likely to be dismissed as soon as a judge reads it (they just had a
change of counsel due to a conflict of interest). In the very least we
should see how it plays out before being scared about an impending lawsuit…

Sarah Postlethwait