The new law has nothing to do with affordability.
The State Agency administering it has taken the position that local
affordability laws such as Lincoln's are deterrents to development.  To be
compliant, a plan cannot require that more than 10% of the units in a
development be affordable.

Affordable in this case means a 2 bedroom apartment that is affordable to a
household making about $107K per year.

Don Seltzer