On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 10:47:43AM +0100, Marco Castorina wrote:

> > for each output sample you use a new filter from the set of 128 by
> > incrementing the index by a fixed value. This may not be an integer,
> > so you need to round.

> This is what I am struggling with: how do I determine by how much to
> advance?

It depends on the inverse of the resampling ratio, R = Fin / Fout.

Note that all filters have the same frequency response, they just
provide a different delay in the range of 0 to 1 input samples.

Let P be the position in the input stream where the center of the
filter has to be.

For each new output sample P increments by R.

The integer part of P determines what should be first input
sample. The fractional part determines which filter to use.

Ciao,

--
FA