On Sat, 28 May 2005, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

I got this new modem which is capable of dialing on its own (aka router). I
set it up according to the manuals, and under XP is works flawlesly.

Nothing ever works flawlessly. You didn't find the flaw yet.

I boot to linux, and Firefox cannot find sites, Konqueror can. It seems that
the DNS queries are beeing done over IPv6 and not IPv4, and in our country te
support for it is not "perfect":
http://linmagazine.co.il/node/view/5705
http://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/Viewmsg.asp?forum=236&msgid=49727959&archive=1

It works here. Who told you DNS lookups are done by ipv6 ?

I managed to get Firefox working by disabling network.dns.disableIPV6 in
about::config. Now the problem is that many applications (XChat, apt) are
failing at the same place...

Make sure that /etc/resolv.conf contains 'nameserver your.router.address'.

Peter