that was a very nice and detailed email but the bottom line is:
the other isps are now giving very low prices that stay low and don't change
after a certain period.
when i first signed up with actcom, they said that after a half a year i would
be able to sign up for a new deal with similar prices. they did not mention the
possibility that i wouldn't be able to get a low price if i used a lot of
bandwidth. had i known that, i obviously wouldn't have signed up with them in
the first place.
it seems to me that when an isp is willing to lose customers (and even kind of
encourages these customers to leave) that maybe it's time for the isp to give
in to the real isp's that can actually afford to have customers.
i think most ppl would rather donate money to their favorite distribution or
something rather than donating money to an isp who supports linux. (that would
be like having an account at a bank that charges a lot more money by far on
transactions because they have nice support for online banking in firefox...)

[snip]

>   Our ADSL and Cable deals are like many similar deals of other ISPs,
> in that they contain an initial period of low price (now typically for
> 6 or 12 months, depending on the deal) and only then the regular price
> applies (Bezeq and the Cable companies have a similar arrangements of
> there infrastructure cost).  So after the initial period, the regular
> price, as signed by the user, applies (not like most other ISPs, users
> at ACTCOM sign on a written agreement to prevent any
> misunderstanding).
> Absolutely most of the times we are able to make a discount, because
> absolutely most of the users have low traffic.  However, for users who
> have very high traffic we keep our right not to give a discount (or
> not to give a big discount) from our official price as agreed when
> the account was set up (for monthly accounts) or from the
> prices written
> in our web site, as applicable for the particular case.
[snip]
Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the [EMAIL
PROTECTED] and destroy the original message.