On Sunday 12 November 2006 21:02, Oron Peled wrote:
> > PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH - the NTFS isn't covered by any patent,
>
> You determinism has nothing to build upon. Some reading will
> help put your claims into proper perspective:

Is it at all possible for people on this list to accept the following:

1). We can only speculate at the motivations behind Microsoft+Novell
agreement.
2). None of us has a definitive version of the real reasons, I personally
believe that probably none of the opinions here really hit the marker.
3). Even Novell+Microsoft themselves cannot foretell the outcome of
their agreement in the years to come.
4). The FOSS paranoid will always cry wolf at anything MS related.

I think this "step" that MS and Novell have taken is at least interesting,
especially if we are to consider the fact that these companies haven't
seen eye-to-eye for a very long time. However, I suggest that we wait
a bit, beyond the statements, press conferences, blogs and all that,
and see what are they actually going to do, since actions are what counts
here.

So, instead of being prophets, lets wait this out, and see what happens.
When we have facts and actions, then we'll be better able to judge whether
this is a threat to FOSS, to RedHat, to the world climate, or maybe it'll turn
out to actually be a good thing, like some people on this list think.

Or, you can continue to take your best shots at being a prophet.

--Ariel
 --
 Ariel Biener
 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]