On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

This has probably started already, and will continue.

I do not agree. The bandwidth contracts cannot be cut at such short notice. Also the problems affected everyone (3 providers) during the time I was complaining about. The problems seem to be caused by high load (dropped packets) and maybe misconfig on the backbone switches and routers (which should be set up to put torrent streaming traffic where it belongs, at equal bandwidth with other services - as you know a torrent download will connect simultaneously to several hosts and pull data as fast as it can, and may drop and reconnect several times as the network can't cope or slows down). The bittorrent issue could be partly responsible.

Peter