On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:20:05PM +0200, Peter wrote:

> I feel that there is such a thing as an inverse Godwin clause. As you
> know, the invocation of the Godwin clause on a discussion thread ends
> the thread. Or is supposed to end it.

The Goodwin clause is now obsolete. It has been replaced with
"according to the Wikipedia" and a URL.

> The inverse Godwin clause is the inverse of that. When the inverse
> Godwin clause is invoked then the person against whom the clause is
> invoked is considered to have won the argument.

The advantge of the Wikipedia is that both sides can be perceived as
wining by the proponets of them, while leaving everyone else "dazed and
confused".

:-)

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838