On 06/02/07, Aviram Jenik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 10:53, and on On Tuesday 06 February 2007
01:01,
Peter wrote:
> This is a form of anonymous signature.
[...]
> a different type of signature, which is
> deniable and not legally binding.

An anonymous, deniable signature. Hmm. Kinda like dry rain, cold fire and
negative income tax. I guess it makes sense when the anonymous identity
shows
up first on a trivial google search results.

Actually there is such a thing as "negative income tax" (I though it was
mentioned in the Knesset too, hmmm...., actually the Knesset isn't exactly a
bastion of logical thinking :^) - but seriously - look for this term in
Wikipedia and you'll see that Milton Friedman was also playing with the
idea.

Googling about "anonymous signature" actually comes up with papers with the
first link (http://eprint.iacr.org/2005/407.pdf) describing this as
"maintaining the anonymity of the signature owner from eavesdroppers". I'm
not sure whether this is what Peter was referring to, I lost track of the
conversation.

You learn something new every day...

--Amos